- the extremely diverse and impressive architecture
(from art nouveau to headturning skyscrapers and shiny ads on enormous screens);
- the very friendly, polite and helpful locals;
- the yummy greenmarkets: like the Farmers market at Union Square or the one on 47th street;
- the incredible art and culture programme
(with several pieces of art in the streets and tons of great museums)
- the beautiful and charming shops displays and their interior decoration;
- the breathtaking views that some platforms (as top of the Rock or the Bar "View, last picture)
offer of this big and busy city;
- the cute and curious welcome-greeters in Central Park, the sqirrels
(one even came to me and show me the nut she/he has found before going up on a tree to hide it for the winter);
- the stinky food carts at every second corner;
- the crowds in Manhattan at certain times of the day;
- the (American) addiction to non-stop shopping and consumption
(yesterday when I was in front of Macy`s almost squeezed from shopping-addicts and when I saw how full the shops are-both with people and products, mostly made in China, I start to wonder how did mankind could change that way, or was this just the job well done of all advertisement industry)....
Some more of my discoveries to come in few days...