Wednesday 15 January 2014

Les Saintes: as seen underwater/ Plongée aux Saintes

Diodon in Les Saintes while diving

Diving in les Saintes is a real pleasure... Most sites are around 12-15 metres deep, with plenty of natural light and abundance of colours. Sponges, corals, fishes, turtles, small and big, all possible shapes, there is so much to enjoy and contemplate! I am taking you underwater with me to discover this breathtaking world... The funniest thing is that if you know where each animal usually lives you start to discover the inhabitants much quicker....and sometimes they come to you:-)

Yucatan shrimp in les Saintes, diving
Flamingo tongue snails in les Saintes while diving

Colours& sponges underwater, les Saintes

Brain coral details, les Saintes, Guadeloupe

Sea urchin crab in les Saintes, Diving in Guadeloupe
Fishes and diver in les SaintesSea urchin in les Saintes, Guadeloupe

Barracuda in les Saintes, Guadeloupe

Barracuda & brain coral in les Saintes, Guadeloupe


12 comments:

betchai said...

oh, this is so amazing Jana, the underwater world is indeed so magical and captivating, I wish I know how to dive though :) I only could snorkel :)

by the way, in response to your question in my blog, I am a teacher by profession, blogging is a hobby, and monetized it before for the purpose of giving. :)

Barb said...

These shots are truly fabulous, Jana - a whole other world I've never seen! What colors!

biebkriebels said...

It is a completely other world there below, beautiful photos.

Koryn said...

It still amazes me that there is so much underwater life in your side of the world.

I don't doubt the beauty of Europe, but it's been more known for food, art, and everything else abovewater.

So I really enjoy seeing these posts from you. It's like I get a peek into a different face of that continent :)

LilliStJohn said...

Jana, the fish in the first photo, his eyes look blue - I am amazed with all the colour of the underworld - this would be a dream come true for me to actually see something like this. You are such a fortunate young woman to be experiencing all that life has to offer. Are you sure you cannot start a TV show called Jana's Adventures? I would love that. Your photos remind me of the caliber of photos one would see in National Geographic and we need more people like you in our world to spread the beauty that surrounds us. I love your blog and you bring beauty way out to me here on the Atlantic Coast - when I see a post from "Jana", its like being "tickled pink" as we say in the Maritimes, which is a real nice feeling. Thank you for being you n sharing. Love, Lilly
p.s. Our temps have ???? gone from -32 to + 14 overnight and we had lunch out on the deck with snow drifts in front of us. I was in shirtsleeves and had to put on sunblock??? Go Figure, eh - this is like late March weather?? What the heck?? Have a wonderful day :)

Filip and Kristel said...

Amazing baracuda shots.

Greetings,
Filip

Lies said...

'k Blijf (weer !) kijken, Jana !
Adembenemend mooi...
Lie(f)s.

papillon said...

Wow, Deine Bilder sind wuuuuunderschön. Hauptsächlich der Krebs unter dem Seeigel? Danke für die vielen plongee Sehnsuchtsbilder von Gwada.
LG und happy weekend
J+C

Erika said...

Well done, dear Jana!
A big hug from Italy

Jana said...

@Koryn: hmmm, we were diving in the French Caribbean, the Caribbean sea (between Cuba and Latin America) is extremely colourful, more colourful than the European waters:-)
@Filip:they were huge too!
@Lily: thank you for your kind words+compliments, indeed weather is pretty crazy, we had tons of rain, where it should have been the dry season...go figure!
@papillon: danke euch! diese Krebse (crab d oursin) waren super schwer zum Fotografieren....

Dietmut said...

wat een variatie van mooi onderwater foto's. Op het eerste foto zie ik wel een heel apartedes. Lieve groeten Dietmut

Dietmut said...

sorry moet heten: een heel aparte vis ....