Sunday 17 May 2015

From (Zuid-)Holland with love: part 2 of the fabulous flight

De Kaag Aerial view

During the colourful flower fields flight end of April with LionAir we started at Rotterdam airport in a cozy tiny Cessna plane. We flew over Zoetermeer, Leiden, de Kaag before heading to the flower bulb area (Lisse, Voorhout and Noordwijkerhout). Afterwards we did a turn and kept following the coastline (Noordwijk aan Zee and Katwijk followed by Scheveningen, Kijkduin and the Zandmotor plus of course Monster and its greenhouses). At the end a fabulous view above Rotterdam harbour and then city, before landing...However, as I started with the heart of de Kaagse Plassen I edn my blog with the Zandmotor heart too:-)
Zandmotor Kijkduin heart 2015.

7 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my goodness - you are higher than a kite! I love the heart shaped tide pools. The one surf shot almost made me sea sick. Looks beautiful there. Must catch up with you.

Rosemary said...

Wonderful images - so clear and with wonderful colouring

Marco Luijken said...

Hello Jana,
Very impressive shots!! Great to see the city from that high position. Wonderful.

Many greetings,
Marco

LilliStJohn said...

Good morning Jana - WOW, I simply love those aerial shots. I have a friend just outside Amsterdam, so am used to seeing ground photography in same area, but this aerial photography is just stunning. I recognize many buildings just from my friend's ground photos. It is so much more amazing to see from the air. I love the pools on the beaches and the white sand. Keep doing what you do best because it sure is a thrill to see all your action way over in my little town in Atlantic Canada. Thank you for the comments you leave - very much appreciated because I know you are so busy. I have a bit of news for you. I have Momma and Poppa Dove who made a nest in my pine tree in back yard. I simply sat there yesterday and watched them forge for food to chew up, fly back to nest and feed babies. I cannot wait to see babies, because Momma and Poppa will bring them down to ground level in a couple of weeks to begin their growth of wings. I have seen fledgling cardinals in my yard and quietly watched them grow, so this is going to be so much fun. I never come too close, but quietly observe and have camera ready. Dear Jana, you have a wonderful day. Its always a treasure to read and view your posts. lol

betchai said...

very beautiful aerial views.

Jeanne said...

Such lovely views you get from a small airplane. Hope that you are enjoying life!

Koryn said...

Oh wow, those areal shots are fantastic! My favorites are the first four ones. Details even from a bird's eyeview :)