Saturday 4 February 2012

Sunny and white "Dutch winter-wonderland 2012" in Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland

Yes, we have been asking for real winter and frozen canals here in the low lands and guess what?! Our prayers were heart! We finally got minus temepartures this week and then 10 cm of fluffy snowfalkes made their way down from the sky Friday lunch time...So today, on Saturday morning, we all woke up to a white and wonderfully frozen winter tulipland (at least in the area of the Hague and north of it).
I got the camera and went out to capture some lovely white moments in white Rijswijk! I did get forzen fingers and toes despite of my thick and warm gloves...But hey, it was worth it. The sun came also out, so I got warm sunshine+my vitamin D for the day!

11 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

These are wonderful winter photographs Jana. You have captured such wonderful detail in the first one.
Sending you wishes for a beautiful weekend!

betchai said...

happy for for you Jana :) and look at that first picture, it is very magical, glad your able to enjoy the fluffy snowflakes.

PS...about the reflection caught in the water drops, I just look for water drops that have reflection, and I guess, looking for them helped also cause my headache :(

FilipBlog said...

Great winter pictures, love the spider web

Greetings,
Filip

papillon said...

very nice pictures of this cold and snowy nature... for sorrow we have to stay ill (we both have a cold) at home...
J+C

AVCr8teur said...

It is beautiful, but I bet it is cold. The ice crystals and frozen spider web photos are priceless!

Barb said...

Glad to see someone is getting snow! I love the web shot.

Filipina Ini said...

I know the last photo! I saw them last Saturday too! :=)

Hélène said...

Prachtige beelden! :-)

Webbielady said...

Here's the linkto the warmer versionof the vicinity..I like to think it's not always this cold but I kindof love it to walk on the snow on a very cold weather! :=)

Joop Zand said...

Prachtige winteropnames Jana,het zorgde voor veel ijs plezier... maar nu mag het wel snel voorjaar worden.

Groetjes, Joop

bedankt voor jou fijne reacties

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

The children must be so excited to have snow and ice. I know ours would be!