Wednesday 24 June 2009

Colour of the sea...

Dutch seacoast in Medemblik

With the beginning of the summer I (as an ordinary Bulgarian) start to dream of sea...In the Netherlands its not always a question of water temperatures, but also of the colour of the sea water.It does not really invite u to go in (for proof see first picture). So even if I nowadays live less than 10 km to the first beach, I still dream of something a bit further away: the amazing sea colours one may find in the South of Europe...

Colour of sea in Sardinia Archipelago di maddalena

Some years ago I found the European paradise and the most beautiful beaches within Europe (and sometimes I do think they can even compete for the most beautiful in the world): it is called Sardinia and around 2-3 hours flight from the Netherlands...Just looking at this emerald sea colour is relaxing...Give it a try with the below images and imagine the smell of salt water and the light sea breeze:-)

Sardinia sea Archipelago di Maddalena

3 comments:

h. said...

sei froh, dass nicht jeder nach sardinien fliegt... ;-)
aber:
das ist natürlich jetzt eine herausforderung ein ähnlich schönes strandbild zu finden/machen, das von irgendwo hier in der nähe ist

hiroko said...

I particularly like the photo in the middle. Love the transparent water! it really gives a feel of paradise.

Details in the Tales said...

Indeed the beaches here are not so encouraging.. aside from the dark waters, I really find them very cold. Well, I miss the beaches where I came from: they may not all be necessarily white beaches but they are always, or at least 90% of the time blue or emerald green. Great fro snorkeling.