Thursday 9 May 2013

More Dutch flower fields, Bollenstreek in colours 2013...

This post has all pictures featuring me. Usually I do not post many pictures with me...However this time I was lucky to do the flower-fields-tour with a good friend and colleague of mine, who is an amazing photographer (dont miss the chance to enjoy the fantastic gallery of Roland here). It was also him, who asked me what happened with all these amazing flowers we have seen (+photographed of course:-). A lot of my visitors get really shocked (...and some even dont believe me) that these beauties are simply cut and the thrown away, usually next to the fields (thats how I know what happened with them).
...and then the next question arrived: why are they planting them at all? Tulips and the other spring flowers reproduce every year. If the bulb is planted not too deep (around 7-8 cm deep than it will grow bublettes. These bublettes (the tulip grows usually 2 till 3 f them) are separted (after the mother bulb is dug out around 1,5 months after the flower dies off) and can be sold. And this is the reason of why so many flowers (tulips, daffodils and hyacinths) are planted  in the low lands :-) The Netherlands exported 3,6 billion flower bulbs in 2010, the biggest customer in the lasty ears has always been the US...
Dutch flower fields 2013
Dutch flower fields 2013
Dutch flower fields 2013

20 comments:

Marco Luijken said...

Hello Jana,
What a wonderful shots!! It's so great to see all these flowering hyacinths. Beautiful colors!! I think, you will not bored yourself.
Your shots of your previous blog of the flight are really fantastic!! That must be great to see all from the air.

Many greetings from Ridderkerk,
Marco

GC said...

These are wonderful pictures.

Erika said...

A wonderful place and fantastic shots. I'd like to go there. Kisses from Italy

Rosemary said...

The pictures of you are lovely - the smell from the hyacinths must have been wonderful.

Barb said...

Gosh - I wish you could have picked some for me Jana. What a heady scent of spring perfume you must have experienced. It just snowed a foot in Breckenridge - thanks for the blossoms!

betchai said...

love the pictures with you in them Jana, the tulip fields are lovely, with you made it lovelier, i love seeing pictures of nature such as this with people having a grand time with them

biebkriebels said...

I have only seen tulip fields, but the hyacints look even better.

Lies said...

Een schattige, jonge 'lady', tussen héérlijk ruikende bloemen... Echt wahw !
Lie(f)s.

Filip and Kristel said...

You are in every picture. Amazing flowers.

Greetings,
Filip

stardust said...

Hi, Jana! It’s so nice to see the lovely pictures of you in the flower fields! Yes, he is an amazing photographer. I bet he enjoyed a lot taking pictures of you.

Yoko

Jana said...

@Barb: I actually did a few;-))they were parfumingmy home for a week! sending u some parfum virtually now:-)
@all: thanks for your nice words!

Dietmut said...

leuke actie-foto's zijn er tussen Jana. Ik wens je nog een fijne zondag. Groetjes Dietmut

Kovács Miklós said...

I'm not able to find my words. Simply unbelievable collection. I very liked all fo them. Many thanks for sharing Jana!
Have a nice evening. Greetings

fiziskandarz said...

Awesome stuff Jana! Love the colors. I personally like 2nd picture from top. The composition is awesome :D It's nice to see your faces in your blog :D

RIZALENIO said...

Wow! I thought I was staring at a wonderful dream. Wonderful wonderful photos!

AVCr8teur said...

What a sight! So many flowers and of every color!

Breathtaking said...

What a pretty girl you are dear:) You are a flower amidst the field of flowers. Very beautiful images,
and informative post. I also liked the areal view of the flower fields in your other post.
Regards.

Jeanne said...

Love these shots of you, and have to say that these flowers are such a great background for you. The fields are just gorgeous! Will hope to order some bulbs someday from these fields, and how beautiful they look

Koryn said...

Late comment but... What?! The flowers are just thrown away??

Why don't they arrange it in bouquets and sell it in the flower market or something?

Koryn said...

By the way, I love that photo of you crouched down, taking pictures of the flowers.

Ah, what we would do for good photos! Haha.