Sunday 5 May 2013

Flight over Zuid-Holland, part 2: Scheveningen, Zandmotor, Monster, den Haag and Delft


 
In the second part of our sightseeing flight with Lionair we flew alongt he coastal line passing by Noordwijk, Scheveningen, Kijkduin (above is the Zandmotor) and Monster.
The Zandmotor is a 2-year-old project to reinforce the costal protection between Kijkduin and Ter Heide. The manmade sand peninsula should support the natural collection of more sand in this part of the coast (and help build bigger dunes),
 
In Westland we went inland and the greenhouses-landscape (see third picture) was all over till the horizon. here a lot of the Dutch fruits&veggies are grown. After we saw some known and unknown places of the Hague and Rijswijk the central square of the Delf Old town charmed me... Simply amazing experience:-) Have a good new week everyone!
...and here are the views of den Haag and Delft (last picture).

11 comments:

LilliStJohn said...

The beach I would love to walk on. I am amazed at the roofs of all the houses and Apts/Condos - I think they are all tiled? The farms are amazing and I can only imagine the trillions of things growing in them. The photo of the taller buildings in the city must be Apts or condos, all lined up neatly in rows. I like the colours of the taller ones - they really stand out. I have never been in a small plane, but I think I would truly enjoy it. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful evening. Lilly

Erika said...

Wish you a nice new week!

Barb said...

I got a bit of vertigo flying with you Jana. Oh - the places you've taken me. Those colorful towers are interesting in the architecture of the city.

Kovács Miklós said...

Very spectacular shots from the air. I liked all of them. Groetjes, Miklos

Lies said...

Verbazingwekkend, Jana, ...in de wolken...
Lie(f)s.

Phioxee said...

i love the aerial view. and a very progressive place!

betchai said...

it's always very interesting to see places from on high, love your aerial images.

Dietmut said...

Jana ik heb weer genoten ! Fijne avond en groetjes, Dietmut

RIZALENIO said...

Breathtaking! I feel like a bird staring at your photos. I feel like flying! Awesome experience. :)

Koryn said...

What are those buildings? Are they apartments of some sort?

Jana said...

@SaucyKod: Lilly indeed most fo the houses are tiled, as far as I know only the really high ones are not;

@Koryn: do you mean the 4 high colourful buildings, I think they are residential indeed;